Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour
MS-IL Staffing is currently looking for experienced and dependable Forklift Operator candidates for a large client of ours here in Lafayette, IN. This is a temp-to-hire opportunity with plenty of room for growth and potential benefits!
- Position: Forklift Operator
- Location: Lafayette, IN
- Shifts Available: 1st; 6 am to 230 pm + weekends/OT
- Pay: Starting at $13-15/hr.
Apply in Person at our Recruiting Office:
- 658 Main St #217, Lafayette, IN 47901
Call us at: (765)-746-7336 (OR) 855-HIRE-YOU
Apply Online: www.ms-il.com/apply
Ask about our Referral Bonus Program and how you can earn money by referring others to work with MS-IL Staffing or Pro Talent Group!
Job Description: Forklift Operator
Forklift Operator candidates are responsible for receiving and checking product for damage, in addition to verifying that accurate products and product quantities are received according to purchase orders and pallet labels using reports generated from the Warehouse Management System (WMS).
Responsibilities: Forklift Operator
- Obtains copy of production schedule or shipping order and transports material or equipment to and from designated areas in the facility;
- Forklift Operator candidates will be loading and unloading goods from trucks;
- Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility;
- Stacking goods in the correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions;
- Checking loads are secure and stacking empty pallets;
- Performs daily equipment checks such as recharging the battery and lubricating equipment;
- Removing machine attachments and waste material from machines;
- Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards.
Requirements: Forklift Operator
- 2+ years’ experience as Forklift Operator;
- 2+ years experience in a busy warehouse or distribution center;
- Must be certified, or willing to obtain and maintain certification, on all required powered industrial equipment such as stand-up forklift, electric pallet jack, long-tongued electric pallet jack and high-extender high lift;
- Must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without a reasonable accommodation in the conditions specified for 8 – 10 hour shifts;
- Weekends, holidays, day and evening hours, and overtime as assigned;
- Must understand and be able to communicate in English, including but not limited to reading and interpreting order forms and selection labels;
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills are required.