Machine operators are vital for a variety of businesses and play a major role in keeping companies productive. They are responsible for setting up, controlling and maintaining machines. This position is prevalent in manufacturing, packaging, production, and filling industries.
With such an important role, you definitely need to make sure you hire an excellent, qualified and motivated candidate. Use this list of interview questions as a guide so you can hire the best machine operator for your company.
In addition to these questions, you will also want to consider specific questions that relate to the machines you use in your facility or any other training requirements.
Operational & Situational Questions
- What are three things you must do before you start a production cycle?
- As a machine operator, how would you work towards quality assurance?
- Imagine two machines break down at the same time. Which one will you fix first?
- How do you go through a quality check?
- Do you prefer working individually or a part of a team? Why?
- What is your experience with programming machines?
- Have you ever noticed a hazard in the workplace? If so, what did you do about it?
- Describe a time when you disagreed with a co-worker. How did you resolve it?
- Tell me one thing you did to improve quality during your last job.
Partner With Professionals to Find the Right Job Candidates
If you want regular help finding the candidates that will lead your company to success, contact MS-IL Staffing & Packaging.