Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
We are looking for experienced and dependable Stand up Forklift Operators for a large client of ours on the north west side of Indianapolis and Avon to start immediately. This is a temp-to-hire position with plenty of room for growth and potential!
- Position: Stand up Forklift Operator (Yale Forklift Experience)
- Job Type: Full time, temp-to-hire after 90 days
- Location: North West Indianapolis; Cold Warehouse and Dry Warehouse
- Shift: 1st,2nd and 3rd available
- Pay: $15/hr. Pay will increase to 17.30 after 90 days
Job Description: Stand up Forklift Operator
Stand-up Forklift Operator is responsible for receiving and checking product for damage, in addition to verifying that accurate products and product quantities are received according to purchase orders and pallet labels using reports generated from the Warehouse Management System (WMS). Other job duties may be added or deleted as this form may be periodically updated.
Job Responsibilities: Stand up Forklift Operator
- Obtains copy of production schedule or shipping order and transports material or equipment to and from designated areas in the facility;
- Loading and unloading goods from trucks;
- Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility;
- Stacking goods in the correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions;
- Checking loads are secure;
- The Stand up Forklift Operator will be stacking empty pallets;
- Performing daily equipment checks: recharging the truck’s battery and lubricating equipment;
- Removing machine attachments and waste material from machines;
- Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards;
Requirements: Stand-up Forklift Operator
- 2+ years’ experience operating Yale Stand-up Forklift;
- 2+ years experience in a busy warehouse or distribution center;
- Stand up Forklift Operator candidates must be certified, or willing to obtain and maintain certification, on all required powered industrial equipment such as stand-up forklift, electric pallet jack, long-tongued electric pallet jack and high-extender high lift;
- Must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without a reasonable accommodation in the conditions specified for 8 – 10 hour shifts;
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, day and evening hours, and overtime;
- Must understand and be able to communicate in English, including but not limited to reading and interpreting order forms and selection labels;
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills are required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour (increase to 17.30 after 90 days + benefits)
Application Questions You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Electrical Pallet Jack experience do you have?
- How many years of Stand up Forklift experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you able to work in Indianapolis, IN 46268?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Which shifts are you available to work?
- When will you be available to start this job?
- This question was written by the employer. You can report inappropriate questions to Indeed by exiting this application and clicking the blue “Report Job” job link below the job description. “What is the best phone number to reach you at?”